We are a produce distribution company, transporting fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, and grains from farms in Western MA and VT to wholesale customers in NYC and the Greater Boston Area.
We are looking for a truck driver to take on three routes per week. Routes include stops in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Connecticut, and Upstate New York. Total number of hours will be between 30 -35 hours per week. Current routes to start immediately and the option to go full-time starting in June.
- Complete Monday Day Produce Pick Up (1-3 stops):approx. 11am - 5pm Monday
- Complete Tuesday Night Delivery (4-5 stops): approx. 11pm Tuesday - 10am Wednesday
- Complete Wednesday Night Delivery (4-5 stops): approx. 11pm Wednesday - 10am Thursday
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has experience driving a 22-ft (or larger) box truck in urban areas
- Is observant, has excellent attention to detail
- Understands how critical their role is to Myers Produce
- Adapts well to the changes and surprises that are inevitable in our line of work
- Likes physical work, is able to lift 40-50 lb boxes
- Is interested in our mission
- Has a smart phone (not required, but it's helpful).
Clean and valid driver's license
CDL is welcome but not required
To apply for this position, please email an up-to-date resume, a brief letter expressing your interest and availability, and the name and contact information for at least one reference from your current or recent employment. Thank you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers