We are hiring motivated community organizers to hold new legislators accountable for protecting our health and the environment. Full and part-time staff positions in the Northampton office of Clean Water Action.
Clean Water Action is a national, environmental grassroots organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote strong environmental laws, and help communities address the local environmental problems affecting them.
Top issue priorities include:
• Promoting the use of green energy and making it more available to communities
• Protecting the federal Clean Water Act of 1972, and the Clean Water Rule of 2015
• Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table
Qualifications include the following:
• Passion for protecting human health and the environment
• Passion for expansion of clean energy
• Good communication skills
• Well organized
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Familiarity with face to face organizing in a variety of racial and socio-economic communities and/or communications is highly desired
Applicants must able to travel to Clean Water Action's Northampton office located at 160 Main Street, Suite 6, Northampton, MA, 01060.
• Conducting outreach to individuals door-to-door
and may include:
• Assisting in staff events
• Provide feedback to campaign staff
• Writing and/or posting content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc
• Administrative tasks as needed
Benefits package includes paid training, paid sick and vacation time, health/dental plans, 401k, advancement opportunities , travel, and more.
Shifts are from 2:45- 10pm on weekdays
Employee's choice of full-time or part-time (three-five days per week)
Or call (413) 584-9830 ext.1, or send your resume and cover letter via email. to inquire about jobs
Clean Water Action values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers