Material Handler - Full-time position
Day Shift: 7:00am - 7:00pm with rotating days off
Summary of Responsibilities: Moves raw materials, finished goods, scrap materials, equipment and any other miscellaneous materials within the plant to support Manufacturing Department, Warehouse, Lab & Maintenance. Current Class B driver license and DOT card preferred.
• Reads schedule or follows verbal or written instructions to ascertain materials to be moved, where to move them to and how often.
• Loads and unloads materials on pallets in and out of warehouse racks in a safe manner, using a powered industrial fork truck or other material handling equipment.
• Moves materials in a timely and accurate manner back and forth between warehouse storage and designated Production staging/return areas to ensure Production demands are met and inventory accuracy is intact.
• Uses proper equipment for the job and secures proper lifting attachments to fork truck to move materials properly and safely.
• Records number of units of materials moved into Syteline/WMS in an accurate manner using a barcode scanner.
• Uses attention to detail in loading materials into appropriate racks.
• Moves and organizes materials in an efficient manner.
• Attaches identifying labels to materials.
• Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
• Assists Shipping/Receiving department in loading and unloading trucks, documenting those shipments in Syteline, and putting the materials away in the warehouse.
• Participate in and support all relative and applicable Warehouse 6S and PPI initiatives and/or programs.
• Maintain clean and organized work areas and vehicles by supporting Good Housekeeping practices every shift. Complete 6S and/or Housekeeping daily shift checklists.
• 100% participation in year end full physical inventory count.
• All other job duties as needed and/or assigned.
• Employee must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record. Must be able to drive the company truck. This includes taking applicable medical certifications for DOT purposes.
• Employee will be required to obtain Class B permit within 1 month of accepting job offer.
• Employee will be required to obtain a Class B license within 3-6 months (company sponsored.)
• Employee must demonstrate superior attention to detail.
Education/Certifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software and Manufacturing software.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee should be able to meet the following medical requirements to be able to operate a Power Industrial Truck (PIT): Employees' diagnosed with a medical history or clinical diagnosis of diabetes must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT. Employees' that currently have a clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure likely to interfere with his/her ability to operate a PIT must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT. With or without corrected vision, the employee shall have a distance of 20/40 each eye. Be able to able to recognize the colors of traffic signals. Have a field of vision of at least 70o in the horizontal Meridian in each eye. Employees' with a medical history or clinical diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to control a PIT must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT.
Some of our benefits include:
• Competitive Salary Package
• Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
• Life Insurance, Disability and Accident Insurance
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Reimbursement Account
• Paid Lunch/Dinner Breaks
• Business Casual Attire
• Employee Recognition Program
• Climate Controlled Work Environment
How to Apply: Apply on-line at www.swmintl.com
About Us: SWM is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane film products. The success of our company is attributed to our employees. We have a great reputation as an excellent place to work and provide our employees opportunities to succeed and develop their skills. We are conveniently located in the Industrial Park in Greenfield Massachusetts. SWM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers