cats are OK - purrr house w/d in unit no smoking detached garage
QR Code Link to This Post
Open-plan sunny country home with lots of storage, wood floors, peace and quiet, an outdoor deck, on an acre of land. Rent includes wifi and lawn care. Brand new carpets in the entryway and on the stairs, new flooring in the kitchen and bathroom, a new stove & microwave in the kitchen to come, and freshly painted. What's not to love?
Montague Center is one of the hidden gems of western Massachusetts. It is an active, involved community where people get to know each other through a wide variety of cultural and social events, yet there is plenty of space and privacy as well. And it is close enough to highways -- as well as local colleges and universities, not to mention Boston and New York City -- to offer easy access to a rich diversity of cultural, social, and business activities. It sits in the midst some of the best biking, hiking, and cross-country skiing in the area.
2. Rural, retreat-like setting
3. Cool and shady in summer, warm and sunny in winter
4. So wonderfully quiet all you hear is birds and peepers when you leave your windows open at night.
5. One of two detached, private units with beautiful views of the surrounding hills, woods, and fields. (the second (separate) unit is a studio over the garage in which there is one quiet person)
6. Wide-board pine floors in the living and dining areas
7. Large second-floor bedrooms with large closets
8. Spacious kitchen with pantry and essential appliances (refrigerator, gas stove, dishwasher, microwave)
9. Washer and dryer in the basement.
10. Newly repainted, new carpeting in the entryway & on stairs; new floors in kitchen & bathroom
11. Garage space for parking one car with a garage-door opener (nice on those snowy days).
1. Heat (est $200/mo average over the year, depending on your usage of course) is electric and passive solar
2. Newer, efficient wood-stove in the living room (you clean the chimney).
3. Gas range and gas-heated hot water (est $99/mo average over the year)
4. Clean, drinkable water direct from a deep well to your taps -- one of the property's best features!
5. You pay all utilities and snow removal; I take care of lawn care; recycling is free, trash collection you buy a sticker for each barrel.
A well-behaved cat is welcome.
Nearby are hiking and cross-country skiing trails, streams for fishing, rivers for boating, and low-traffic biking roads. Within walking distance of popular local cafe, the Montague Bookmill (www.montaguebookmill.com). Also located 10 minutes from Route 2; 15 minutes from Route 91, UMass, and Old Deerfield, and 20 minutes from Amherst College, as well as schools such as Northfield Mount Herman. Twenty-five minutes from Smith College, Northampton, and Hampshire College. Less than two hours from Boston across scenic Route 2, and 3 to 4 hours from New York City depending on traffic. And there are free tennis courts (and people to play with) within 15 minutes!
Ideal for quiet, non-smoking, low-chemical-use people looking for a peaceful, homey oasis in a hectic schedule. Please note, there is no smoking -- of anything by anyone anywhere on the property. If you smoke, please pass this one by.
The front bedroom currently has a queen bed, side tables, lamps, (all of which can move) and a bureau and antique desk downstairs. Otherwise the house is unfurnished.
Flexible lease terms, tho I prefer a September 1 renewal date.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers