compensation: $20-25 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Frontier Regional School District is seeking a qualified Treasurer to manage district funds and serve as the district’s cash manager. In this role, the treasurer maintains custody of all funds and is responsible for depositing, investing, and disbursing monies. The treasurer must manage the district’s financial resources to ensure the availability of cash to pay obligations as they become due. In addition, the treasurer oversees banking services including borrowing funds. Ultimately, the treasurer bears responsibility for closing and reconciling all books and accounts in the business office, including the cash book, warrants (vendor, payroll, and special warrants), bank accounts (checking accounts, trust funds, bond or other accounts), and debt records.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or comparable experience. Knowledge of fund/governmental accounting, computers, payroll systems, and municipal law.
REPORTS TO: School Committee
1. Maintains a full set of accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2. Assumes responsibility for the receipt and expenditures of all district funds.
3. Reconciles all bank and bond accounts.
4. Maintains a continuous internal auditing program for all funds.
5. Provides material as requested to assist external audits of Frontier Regional School District.
6. Issues notes and borrows money after approval of the School Committee.
7. Ensures fiscal compliance with District, State, and Federal statutes, regulations and/or policies.
8. Works closely with the Superintendent and Director of Business Administration relative to all fiscal matters.
9. Performs other fiscal duties as required by the School Committee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time (up to 10 hours per week) position. Salary to be established by the school committee.
Frontier Regional School is located in the town of South Deerfield in Western Massachusetts. The school serves approximately 620 students in grades 7 -12 and is the public high school for the towns of Conway, Deerfield, Sunderland, and Whately.
Frontier Regional & Union 38 School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers